Well another week has come and gone - and I again have been a bit delinquent in sharing its details with you. Tuesday & Thursdays language made much more sense, Praise God! I now need to find, er, I mean make time to study and memorize verbs and vocabulary.
Wednesday evening we had Deborah & Sarah come over for dinner and spend the night. It was a blast! They are great girls (part of the EDGE program), and we just enjoyed each other while eating good food, playing cards, having great conversations (yeah these ladies can talk theology) and we even slipped in a movie. Really just a night for us to encourage and enjoy one another.
Friday was to be my first official day with the Learning Center (Liz's school). I was to work with some students to begin preparing a drama for an event in November as well has help with the tennis class that afternoon. Thursday evening I received a phone call from Liz that she was cancelling tennis for the next day (meaning we still have not officially started this with the students) as well as to ask if I still wanted to come to introduce some of the kids to the drama.
I was to only have 30 minutes with them to introduce the drama and begin practicing but I decided to go anyway. What a good thing?!?!! Instead of feeling stressed due to time constraints I walked away from the time I was there so blessed. The skit I introduced the kids to was LOVED and they totally got into it. We ran through it a couple of times and then again for Liz. She loved it and laughed so much that she asked us to do it again, this time in front of the rest of the students there on Friday - we had our own little practice audience. The Lord was truly at work using the students I was there to "minister to" to bless and encourage me. Great students, and I am so excited for the next month of Drama and Tennis to begin getting to know them better!
3 comments:
here I go again Heidi! Sounds like your Friday was quite an interesting day. Ii is always good to remember that God sets the schedule. It is good training to learn to roll with the punches!! The sun is shining here in Florida (it always does) and the temp is about 85. Went swimming this afternoon. One of the ladies who lives here used to be a missionary in Brazil. She had a family with her that she teaches in sundy School. Of course, I didn't understand what they were saying. I should have asked them if they were talking Portugese! Am still praying for you and hope things work out for your folks and me to come see you at the end of your term! Love you lots.
Hi Heidi!!
It's your sis here, the one that puts up with Jeremy! :) We miss you!!!! I loved your issue3 of Hydro Happenings! Thank you for keeping us updated on your trip!
Love,
Molly
Dear Heidi;
Wonderful. You are a real missionary now. Rolling with the changes are what we are all about and then the blessings flow!!!The one we can trust is ALWAYS in control. (one finger pointing at you and three back at me)
May you be filled with the love of Christ to the extent that you understand the width and depth and height of what His love is for you.
Jo Momma
Post a Comment