
After seeing both the Mouros Castle and the Pena Palace we all decided to call it a day. Terence, Bobb & Bri headed for home in Cascais and Lisa and I decided to drive our Slovak friends back home rather than just drop them off at the metro.
They all live together across the bridge on the coast. Taking them home allowed me to drive over my favorite bridge here, its called the April 25th bridge. Anyway they were grateful and asked if we wanted to check out a Monastary with a great view and then their coastline. We thought it sounded great and thus they became our tour guides. The view was great as the Monastary is up on a hill and over looks the ocean as well as the city. Then we headed to the beach. After walking the cost we found fisherman in "process". The boat was out to sea and they would be coming in shortly. We decided to stick around and watch the entire event unfold. It was really interesting to watch so many people working so quickly and all together. Dusan told me that he thinks they go out 3 or 4 times a day, probably beginning early in the morning and continuing into the night (9pm).
Once the fish extravaganza was over we started heading toward the car and were going to drop them off at their apartment. They had gotten some free fish on a previous day and so they invited us in for dinner. Now many of you who know me may be wondering what I was going to do. Well I made up my mind that if we went in for dinner (which I wanted to do) I was going to eat whatever they gave me.
So we decided to take them up on their invitation and Peter made us some awesome fish and potatos which I am delighted to report I LOVED!!! We had awesome food, conversation and they even shared some photos of family and places they had been. We had an awesome time and were truly blessed by the invitation as this is completely contrary to Slovak culture.
Thank you so much for your prayers this week! Your prayers have truly begun to open doors for friendships, conversations and helped to make yesterday perfection.
1 comment:
Glad you enjoyed your fish! I am invited out for dinner Friday. It will be ham and cabbage! I am not fond of either of them! Hope I will have the same pleasant experience you had. Tomorrow I will be meeting a lady in church who just lost her husband one week ago. He wah sick for a year so it has been a long time since she has been to church. I will sit with her and then we will go out for dinner. Pray with me that I will be a blessing to her. Love you lots. Grandma
Post a Comment