Friday, April 06, 2007

Parque das Nacoes - Park of the Nations

I was feeling under the weather last week and by Friday I was ready to get out of the house. After failing to successfully solicit partners in crime to head out into the city of Lisbon I decided to go it alone. I hoped in my faithful Mercedes (aka - the BUS) and headed to Lisbon. I decided to go visit a section of the city I had only been to once before, Park of the Nations.

Park of the Nations is the area of Lisbon which hosted the '98 Expo (World's Fair) and has remained a pretty happening place. It was a beautiful day and just fun to be out, have some alone time, snap some pics, people watch and walk along the river. It was a very "good" Friday if you ask me.

Here are a few pics from my afternoon on the town.


Above: The Lisbon Oceanarium overlooks the river and is quite a unique building.
Above: This was an interesting little greenway, kids were running and jumping off the "humps"
Above: There was live music being played in the outside seating ares of this cafe


Above: A view from the "floating walkway"

No comments: