Friday, March 16, 2007

I am EXHAUSTED

Well Thursday night was the usual routine, head out to Oeiras for a little Ultimate Frisbee action. Usually there has been quite a few people and we have had good games as well as good conversations after. However, last night Lisa and I walked up to the beach and there were only 4 people there. We were our usual 30 minutes late, only because they NEVER start playing until then anyway, and still there were only 4 people there.

I was definitely beginning to wonder if we would play that night however, much to my dismay they started organizing the teams for 3 on 3. Now for those of you who have never played Ultimate, you cannot possibly understand the fullness of my despair. Those of you who have played Ultimate but never in sand, you cannot possibly understand the vastness of my desire to leave the premises at that very moment. I know that I am out of shape but when I play Ultimate I am acutely aware of how much, now they want me to play 3 on 3 with no subs?!?!?!

Fortunately another girl showed up and played part of the game. The resident "captains" lovingly put her on my team and we were able to sub in and out. What is funny in all this is - I really did NOT want to play that night, but it turned into a great night, great Frisbee, and good times with some of those we are getting to know, but man was I tired!

1 comment:

Lisa Lu said...

It is great to have you out there!