Friday, December 22, 2006

Its Christmas Time

Well although Portugal is not looking like it will entertain a white Christmas (although I hear Colorado will have a white Christmas and then some) this year, it is Christmas time nonetheless. There is just something about snow, family, and Christmas decorations that makes it feel like Christmas is here. With none of those luxuries in my midst here in Portugal I have had to resign myself to just know "Christmas is here" dispite feeling the contrary.
My roommate Lisa has some extended family in Austria and tomorrow morning bright and WAY too early we will be heading to the airport so we can join them 2 hours south of Vienna for their Christmas festivities. Although I cannot be with my family this Christmas I feel happy and blessed to be able to enjoy Lisa's and am hopeful that in Austria we might find ourselves a white Christmas.
I pray that the Lord blesses you this Christmas and there is much joy had as you spend time with family.
Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a FABULOUS time and a Merry Christmas, Heidi!

Carla said...

(that was from Carla)

Anonymous said...

Hope your Christmas in Austria is great. Mine here in Florida will be rainy they say - but today it is beautiful! Blue skies and 84 degrees! Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Heidi
I hope your travel went well and that you are settled in Austria. We miss you. Coby & BJ arrived safely and she was still tickled about sending you her favorite candy. What a hoot!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

This is Grandma again! I got your blog and I found my favorites! I am n business again. My friend, Jeanne Tturk is visiting me for a few days. We had some friends ove tonight and played Licorice and You Blew It. My partner and I lost Licorice and i lost You Blew It! Then when I couldn'e get your blog or my favorites it was a bad night, but it has turned out good - and it is 11:00 pm. Time for Bed!