Monday, December 04, 2006

Schnitzel Anyone?

Sunday night Lisa and I made good on an over due dinner invitation. Martin, Peter (Slovak Friends), Bobb & Bri (teammates) all came over for dinner at our home. We had promised our Slovak friends we would host them for dinner way back when they had made us a lovely fish meal (you know how I love fish) and we had not yet made good on that promise.
In Slovakia Schnitel is a favorite and potatoes are a staple, so Lisa being the fabulous entertainment hostess decided to make her mom's schnitzel while I took care of the need for potatoes by preparing my grandpa Hum's famous fried potatoes. The Slovak boys were impressed and kept telling us how good it all was and how much like Slovak schnitel it tasted. Success!
After the meal we taught them "Hand and Foot" which I don't think they were too fond of but were very good sports about learning. Then they taught us a Slovakian card game called "American Joker", I must admit I was a little leary that they were pulling some kind of joke on the Americans. However, it was a real card game and well all enjoyed learning new games and conversation.
It was quite the trek out to Enghedi (our home) by public transport and I was so glad that they were willing to make the trip. It was a great night and I think they had a wonderful time! Martin, Peter, and Dusan are leaving soon and will not be returning after the holidays - please keep them in your prayers.

No comments: