Monday, November 27, 2006

An Evening of Ballet


A month or so ago Lisa and I got a phone call from the EDGE "kids" asking if we wanted to attend a performance by the Russian Ballet Company of The Nutcracker. We decided to join them and it just so happens it took place this past Saturday evening. Like any good Portuguese event it did not start until 9:30 pm Saturday evening. Lisa and I met the EDGE group at PBI (The Bible Institute where they have been staying) around 8:15 pm and drove into the city shortly after.Unfortunately the Holiday Season has hit Portugal and they were planning to light their extremely LARGE metal christmas tree downtown. As a result traffic was moving terribly slow. Fortunately Dan and Mike (Mike is the head of the EDGE program and is here for the teams debriefing) were not quite as excited about the Nutcraker as the rest of the group so they offered to park the cars. So us girls hoofed it to the venue and arrived just on time. The dancers were incredible! I couldn't help but think of some of my friends back in Colorado who would have enjoyed such an event. Ali and Misha there were no nurses in this ballet but there were mice, I am sure you would have both done terrific!

No comments: