Thursday, August 24, 2006

Prayer Points & Schedule

-This week has been a Leadership Seminar for the GEM team which we will finish up tomorrow.

-The EDGE kids have one more week of their language classes. Please pray that they will finish well and be able to continue some of the relationships into the future.

-Next Tuesday & Wednesday the GEM team will be doing some team building and planning for the year. Please pray for increased trust among the team and that plans are formed for the year we will have guidance, that we would not make these plans for US but rather for what God has in store for this ministry.

-Next Thursday, August 31st I will be flying back to Wisconsin to attending my brother Jeremy's wedding. It will be a SHORT weekend trip. Please pray for safe travel, for lots of energy (Jetlag would be a killer), and quality time with my family.

-September 4th we will begin a church planting class. This class is one I am very excited about, but it begins the day I return from my brother's wedding. Please pray for the class and those that will be participating (GEM & EDGE), for my jetlag in returning to Portugal, and for those teaching the class.

-September 18th is when the GEM team will begin their language classes. Please begin praying for the friendships we will develop and for each of our abilities to grasp the language.

Thank you in advance for your prayers! It is amazing to see the doors the Lord is opening as you bathe this ministry in prayer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to make a comment yesterday, but had a funny screen. What is the difference between the EDGE group and the GEM group. I wrote down all the dates so I can be sure to be praying for you.
We just had 4 1/2 inches of rain this afternoon. I hope that will last us for awhile!
Love you and am praying for you.
Grandma

Heidi said...

Grandma, the EDGE group is called the EDGE because that is what their college (Grace University) calls the internship/study abroad program at their college.

They are different than the GEM team because there are some classes that they have to take for credit with their university (correspondance & classroom) and also because they are only here for 6 months.

The GEM people are here for a year and fit under the GEM umbrella because that is the organization we are with. We really are all part of one team, but then I guess that team can be divided up into 2 groups.

I hope that makes sense, and sorry if I have made it confusing!

Love you Grandma and thank you SO much for always praying for me, the ministry and the team! I look forward to reading your comments always! - Love, Heidi

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you and your ministry in Europe!

It was great to see you and get reconnected and I'll look forward to your email prayer updates!

Love,
Shirley