Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Conference

This conference was amazing. I walked into it not knowing what to expect, hoping for good things, but not understanding how I would fit. Well let me share just a couple of ways that the Lord worked through this week-long conference.

First, GEM had brought in an amazing speaker named Emerson. He spoke on Male/Female communication, primarily in the marriage application but the truths were applicable accross the board. The message that he was giving us throughout the week God used to convict, challenge, encourage, and heal so many people - so many marriages. The interesting thing was that I too felt challenged and encouraged by this message. It was so biblical and so simple, Love & Respect. I found myself wondering how I could have missed it for so long. I strongly encourage anyone reading this to check out his book (Love & Respect) or other material on the website, loveandrespect.com. While it is focused on the marriage relationship, we all could use a little help when communicating with the opposite sex - I firmly believe that this provides that help.

Second, I had the opportunity to meet many missionaries from all over Europe. It was so exciting to get to know them and hear about their ministries. I was truly blessed to meet a couple by the name of John & Holly Carden. They serve the Lord in Serbia, a country with less than 50 missionaries working. I was so overwhelmed by the need in Serbia. Its population being comparible to that of the Czech Republic, however the Czech Republic has over 400 missionaries working within its boarders compared to Serbia's 50. Astounding I know. John & Holly's heart for the Serbians, for ministry and for the Lord encouraged me so much. I truly count it a priviledge to have met them and to have been invited to hear about their ministry.

One aspect of their ministry is planning camps for youth in their area of Serbia. Please pray for this ministry, for the students who attend and for John & Holly. Please also pray for guidance. John & Holly have invited myself, Lisa, Bobb & Bri to help with a camp they will be doing in April. We all would love to see the Lord use us in a broader way here in Europe but know that there are many details yet to be worked out. Your prayers for the Lord's work in Serbia as well as our parts in the camp for April are greatly appreciated!

While I cannot begin to due justice to what the Lord did last week, I hope that you have been able to grasp a glimmer of what I experienced. Thank you for praying for the conference, I know that many lives have been changed for the better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that you are back o your "blog" I maissed having updates from you each morning when I checked my computer. The conference sounded great. I will pray the Lord will lead you about camp next April. You would do a good job!

Love you lots,
Gandma

Carla said...

cool, heidi! That sounds like an awesome opportunity!