Monday, March 28, 2011

A Sweet Sleepless Night

Sleep is what you might say, a hobby of mine. I LOVE IT! I enjoy staying up late and sleeping in late. I enjoy the occasional nap here and there for all the warmth and enjoyment it offers. However, I am now on night number two of sleeplessness. Last night I awoke between the hours of like 1:30-4:30ish AM! As I lay in bed frustrated that I was not enjoying one of my greatest pass-times I threw a couple of prayers out there for people I know and called it good.

Tonight I awoke to see Josh get up for work, 3 AM crazy boy! I then tried to go back to sleep, alas it was hopeless. I decided to take advantage of the situation and got my little self up to clean my VERY dirty kitchen and start the gi-normous amount of "de-cluttering" and organizing I intend to do in the next couple of weeks.

In the midst of said cleaning I began to think about times past with sleepless nights and the unmistakable way that specific people have come to my mind on those night, only to find out later they were in need of prayer. I know so many people hurting and going through "BIG" stuff right now I wonder, "is it God who wakes me up tonight?" So I pray.

My friends if you have shared with my a deep hurt or pain, know that I am battling with the enemy tonight on your behalf! I pray for each of you and your situations that the Lord will claim victory, give you peace and healing. That what God deems truly BEST will be done in your situation and in your pain. He WILL be victorious and you will find rest.

So while I clean and organize in the wee hours of the morning I am no longer longing for the comfort of my little bed and the bliss of slumber, rather I have but on my armor and am using this sleepless night and my weak, tired body to do battle. Let me tell you, it is the sweetest sleepless night I've had.

No comments: