So in my job at church I am now dabble in a few more areas and age groups. One of these just happens to be the smaller munchkinlike ages. I have been enjoying this new endeavor and even spent the month of September teaching Sunday School. It turned out to be a good time for me and I am sure a splendid time for the kids, cause let's face it...I am kind of a big deal!
During the month of September we learned about the different parts of creation, including fish. Well because I am so fabulous I decided to get my fabulous class a class fish. Good idea right? No Great idea right? Currently I am thinking, not so much. You see all the wonderful munchkins were excited about this fish when I introduced him. We contemplated names and finally settled on Joseph, we loved this fish, we fed it and cared for it. Still sounds like a GREAT idea, right?
Well unlike the class pets in school classrooms, my "children" are only in class one day a week. Therefore, the care of Joseph falls on into the capable hands of one Heidi Snider, aka the big deal. This care has been going well for several weeks now. Sunday we fed Joseph in class. Tuesday and Wednesday I personally fed him and he swam around his tank. Thursday I decided I should feed him again only to find that Joseph was no long swimming but instead floating around his tank. My heart sank as I began to ask myself WHY I thought this was a good idea...I am still waiting for an answer.
So tomorrow is decision time. I must decide whether Joseph will stay forever dead or if I will attempt to resurrect him like every good parents does for their child's first pet only prolonging the inevitable. Yes my friends only time will tell, but I hope Joseph has a twin!
1 comment:
I vote resurrect. :)
Post a Comment