I am a night person, I am a morning person...what does that even mean? Are we genetically different or are some of us just REALLY good at making our bodies mind us? Have we trained them well to follow direct orders, Go to Sleep! Wake up! My husband apparently has his person scared silly, because he can fall asleep on command. However, mine is apparently obstinate and has a strong will because rarely does it listen to me. But let me back up a bit.
I have always considered myself a "night person" believing that it would be impossible for me to function well in the AM like those evil dawn risers. However, a couple of years ago miraculously I began to, upon occasion, emerge from the safety of my bed around the hour of 3:30am. I would successfully dress myself and drive myself to work, where I would joyously partake of fabulous caffeine and customer connections. There would be a smile on my face and dare I say a spring in my step, all before the sun came up. It was then that I first began to consider one could actually convert.
I marveled at my own transformation, such a balanced life I now was leading. Fully functioning and part of "the real world" as my dad would always call those morning people, I had joined the ranks and was feeling quite proud. I had actually grown up. Although I could not explain it I found myself somehow experiencing some sort of sick gratification that I had bested my genetic make-up, proved the hecklers wrong and willed myself into a "morning person." Success!
Confident and joyful that my transformation was complete, I will admit it, I may have become slightly haughty. And as they say, pride goes before a fall. After two years of this life I was just sure that I could ride on it's coat-tails into the sunset. Well maybe that was my problem, too much focus on the sunset and not enough on the sunrise. With the joy and freedom I found in separating myself from the great coffee god starbucks, I relaxed. This would be my first mistake.
You see after two years of arising during the wee hours of the morning, I believed my nocturnal nature had been bested. No, it had been beaten and beaten soundly. How can two years of work and discipline be destroyed by one week of reward? Well my friends I am living proof that it can indeed. I am living proof that once a nocturnal, always a nocturnal. However I have come to some realizations of which I will share with you; whom obviously lead an exciting life because you are here reading this blog but we'll talk about you some other time.
Observation #1: Heidi Lyn Anderson Snider IS a "night person" through and through (sorry dad, it's true). Observation #2: This is NOT a bad thing, regardless of however much her father or her husband may indicate that it is. Observation #3: There is a "Personal Choice" option - this is the choice to go against nature and choose to counter act your natural genetic state, becoming a functioning morning person. Observation #4: Heidi Lyn Anderson Snider is sitting the fence on whether to embrace her natural state or to become a "functioning morning person" Observation #5: It's lonely at night which may have some influence over observation #4.
What conclusion do all these intelligent observations lead us to? That I may need something better to do at 12:47am than blogging. Thus the dilemma continues.
2 comments:
Good observations! I read it to your dad since he was mentioned. He dutifully chuckled at the appropriate times. ;-)
Maybe you could be like me and become a combination of the two!!!
Love you,
Mom
Um, that's what I think I am...I did say I was sitting the fence =)
Post a Comment