Wow, life is flying by! Its great but it is racing by. So what exactly is happening? Starbucks is great, but I drink too much coffee. Ministry is good and exciting. God is gracious to have blessed me with good students and a great church.
Last Wednesday night we had a Night of Worship at youth group. We had been planning it for a couple of months and had lined up a band to play for us. Less than 24 hours before this night was to take place I received a call that they were cancelling on me. I was completely at a loss for what to do. I wasn't sure how to find replacements or if I should just cancel youth group. This was supposed to be the culmination of a series of devotions we had done on worship. We wanted to sing as well as to have four different worship stations for students to visit during the evening. Stations such as reading through scripture, a creative corner and prayer requests and thanksgiving. I decided that I had no idea how but we needed to have this night anyway. Later Tuesday evening I received a call for the drummer of the band that had cancelled. He told me he had lined up replacements for the next night and we were on again. All I can say is that when it was all said and done it was a powerful night and I really felt the Lord moving. If I had choreographed it, I don't think it could have been more perfect. It is amazing how God takes the most uncertain of circumstances and makes something incredible!
Tonight was a Christmas party to end the year. Relaxed but good. We just kicked back and enjoyed some pizza, kareoke, contests and gift exchange. Its neat to be a part of something that I know God is working through. Although there have been some ups and downs we are now averaging around 10-12 on Wednesday nights and having higher participation. I am so encouraged at what God is doing in some of these students lives and I pray that He ignites a fire in their hearts and blesses me with the priviledge to watch it burn for Him.
1 comment:
Heidi,
I tried to leave a comment here a ccouple days ago, but it just didn't take! Glad you sstarted keeping in touch again this way. Have a good Christmas day. Love you.
grandma
Post a Comment