Well Thursday night I joined some of my friends here (including my avid Ultimate Frisbee roomate Lisa who was on cloud9 when she found out there was Ultimate in Portugal) and we met up with some people here in Portugal who love to play. I had only played a few times before and in the states we usually play on grass - well that is apparently NOT the Portuguese way. A long time ago when they started, it was decided that since "running late" is also the Portuguese way it was more fun to wait for people on the beach than on grass - so Portuguese play Ultimate on the beach. Sand, not my friend - hard to breath, extremely tired, GREAT FUN!
Thursday night we, keeping with the customs, were running late and met up with eveyone around 10PM for a little Ultimate matchup. It was a blast and the regulars were so nice and welcoming to us all. They play every Thursday night and Sunday afternoon and just want to go out and have fun. So when we finished up around 1130, after I had caught my breath and my feet had thawed, I decided that this was fun and began to really look forward to the next time and the possibility of getting to know the players.
1 comment:
yeah! I am finally the first to post a comment! =) Sounds like so much fun! never thought you would find a whole country that fits with your scedule! Love you lots!
Bethany
Post a Comment