Some of you may recall reading about my "Tennis Adventure"; well it did not deter me from continuing to play each Saturday that followed. It has been a blessing for me to be able to participate in something that I love as well as get to know new people. In fact, this last Saturday I was talking with a man about his family. He has a daughter soon leaving to go to Vienna for 5 months. I got very excited having already been there at Christmas time and loved it, I told him that I was sure she would love it too and shared that I had gone with my roommate to visit her family for Christmas.
He explained that his daughter is actually nervous about this experience and asked if my roommate would be willing to meet for dinner or a drink to talk with his daughter. I took his phone number and that night talked with Lisa - without any reservation she said yes. So this Thursday night we will be getting together with him and his daughter to talk about Vienna.
I love this God we serve, you see He takes our interests, passions, and hearts desires and uses them to not only bless us but to create opportunities to step out and serve others in His name. Lisa has cousins that live and work in Vienna as well as we know some GEM workers there, my hope is that we will be able to encourage her and also possibly put her in contact with these people. Please pray for our time together tomorrow evening!
He explained that his daughter is actually nervous about this experience and asked if my roommate would be willing to meet for dinner or a drink to talk with his daughter. I took his phone number and that night talked with Lisa - without any reservation she said yes. So this Thursday night we will be getting together with him and his daughter to talk about Vienna.
I love this God we serve, you see He takes our interests, passions, and hearts desires and uses them to not only bless us but to create opportunities to step out and serve others in His name. Lisa has cousins that live and work in Vienna as well as we know some GEM workers there, my hope is that we will be able to encourage her and also possibly put her in contact with these people. Please pray for our time together tomorrow evening!
2 comments:
how awesome is that. persistance pays off! We will be praying all goes well!
Good to see the Lord work even in your play! Sure glad you got the picture! Makes me feel like a pro!! Don't know about the summer. I have some friends that want me to go to California with them. Plans are not firmed up at all yet. Hope the Lord will continue to guide you in your plans. how much Portugese do you know? We are having a cold spell. Our highs will be in the 60s for the next several days!!
Love you and pray for you.
Post a Comment